Tuesday, January 13, 2015

[BOOK REVIEW] Matched - Ally Condie

Cover of the book Matched by Ally Condie
MINOR SPOILERS



I'm here today to review an amazing romantic dystopian book, called Matched, by Ally Condie. This is the first book of the Matched trilogy, and let me tell you right up front: it is worth reading.

       
The story is told by Cassia Reyes's, the main character, point of view, and it is about an utopic society where the government controls everything you do claiming it is for humanity's  own good. So the world is free of deseases, the people has their job chosen for  them based on their capability, they all wear the same clothing and they all die at the age of 80. But Cassia slowly realises, as she gets played by the Society, that the system in which she believed her entire life, isn't that perfect.



Now, when you start this book you think you can predict what is going to happen, and at first you are right: there's the forbidden love and the desire of freedom. But then as you read more and more, small details, that where previously there, but untold, are added to the plot, which changes everything.


The author has a really good writing style, so the book is really easy to read. If you haven't read a dystopian book yet, I recommend this to be the first one you do, because you are gonna love it if you don't, don't blame it on me though. And if you have read others, like Divergent and Delirium (and loved them), you're gonna like this one for sure.

---

So this is it for the review. I'm trying to tell you guys what the book is about, and what to expect of it, without boring you with an endless text and giving you too much spoilers, so I don't ruin the good parts of the story, but if you want me to give more details please let me know.

If there's a book you guys would like me to review, leave it in the comments.
If you've already read this one and I wrote something incorrect about it, let me know as well.


See you in the next review, xo 

Related Posts

[BOOK REVIEW] Matched - Ally Condie
4/ 5
Oleh